Ranked nationally by U.S. News & World Report as a top program, Le Bonheur’s pulmonology team cares for children with a wide range of respiratory conditions working in conjunction with the Allergy/Immunology and Sleep divisions.
Why choose Le Bonheur pulmonology?
- We are home to Tennessee’s only infant pulmonary function laboratory, which can measure lung volumes and spirometry in infants with lung disorders.
- Our sleep disorders center is the only exclusively pediatric and adolescent lab in Tennessee accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
- We know asthma. In fact, we admit nearly 1,200 kids each year with the disease – and have one of the lowest asthma readmission rates in the country compared to other freestanding children’s hospitals.
- We’re a leader in the treatment of primary ciliary dyskinesia (PCD) a rare genetic lung disorder. Le Bonheur and the University of Tennessee Health Science Center is one of the 22 sites advancing the care of children and adults with PCD.
- Children with pulmonary conditions need specialized testing. At Le Bonheur, patients have access to cutting-edge diagnostics including an infant pulmonary function lab, two pediatric pulmonary function labs and flexible bronchoscopies.
- Partnering with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, we have services in the area of sickle-cell-related respiratory disease.
- Our specialty clinics include the Cystic Fibrosis Center as well as high risk asthma, primary ciliary dyskinesia, bronchopulmonary dysplasia, chronic ventilation and aerodigestive clinics.
Our patients receive care from a team of experts who specialize in treating pediatric pulmonary diseases. That team includes:
Congenital lung abnormalities
Neuromuscular respiratory diseases
Chronic respiratory failure/insufficiency
Why Choose Le Bonheur?
At Le Bonheur Childrenâ€™s, we measure and track our treatment to improve the care we offer families â€“ and to provide a greater level of transparency about our program.Learn More